Follow Knuckle Junkies

Chris Oth Knuckle Junkies photo

Shamrock Promotions: Judgement Day

By Matt Frazier Knuckle Junkies

Shamrock Promotions packed the Strafford Inn for its Judgement Day show on Dec. 3. The ballroom at the Strafford, which holds 1,200, was filled to capacity.

Here were the live results as we saw them:

In the night's main event it was "Last Call" Ricky Bolin outlasting his opponent Scott Ettling. Bolin controlled most of the first round in Ettling's guard. The second round saw more work on the ground with Bolin on top for the majority. In the third, half the round was spent standing up, and the second half was spent with Bolin on his back. Bolin won the unanimous decision victory to close out the night's festivities.

In the co-main event, Chris Heatherly took on Cory Hauter. Heatherly was too much for the last-minute replacement Hauter, who filled in for Ben Stuckey. The fight was stopped just before the bell in the first.

Kain "The Destroyer" Royer was able to drop his opponent early in the first. Seeing an opportunity, he smothered his opponent with vicious ground-and-pound and then worked in a rear naked choke for the submission.

Marc Godeker proved to be too much for Ken Hopen winning the third fight in the rubber match. Hopen won the first fight in the series, with Godeker making adjustments and winning the next two. Godeker looked beastly at times.

Jake Constant choked Matt McFarland unconscious with a rear naked choke early in the first. McFarland refused to tap.

Bo Kunz and Jason "The General" Patton battled for three rounds in a slugfest with Patton getting the decision victory.

"Smiling" Josh Stewart won with ground-and-pound victory late in the first in his fight, which was all Stewart who had a large contingent of fans.

Mike Jones and "The Professor" Ben Chesser grappled to a stalemate in the first two rounds with both spending time on top. But it was CMMA's Jones who came out the victor with a rear naked choke in the third.

Derek Dressel got the better of his opponent Jeremy Wayne in the second with ground-n-pound to secure a TKO victory. Both fighters were very athletic and made for an exciting fight.

"Mama Beast" Susie Wyatt finished her opponent early in the first with a rear naked choke. The crowd erupted after the win as Wyatt was an obvious crowd favorite.

John Runde worked the back of Dusty Smith for most of the first round and ended it with a deep rear naked choke to close out round one. Runde dominated most of the second on top before eventually winning with ground-n-pound early in the third.

In the fifth fight France's Ramon Jonathan nearly sunk a guillotine after taking the fight on short notice against Matt Williams. Later in the round, the fight went back to the ground and both fighters worked leg submissions, but neither wanted to give. Jonathan nearly cinched a triangle before eating William's ground and pound. The punches were simply too much for Jonathan and Williams picks up a TKO victory midway through the second.